Project Facilitator (Mpumalanga)
Objective of the position:
This position’s primary responsibility is to engage, train, and support beneficiaries in natural farming methods and agro-ecology across the province. The facilitator will be required to travel extensively to projects in the province and report back to the Programme Manager within required timeframes and prescribed report formats.
Scope of the position:
- Stakeholder engagement, support, and training;
- Planning and implementation of project activities according to project plans;
- Prepare feedback reports according to prescribed formats;
- Administration of travel expenses, including accommodation, daily allowances, etc.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written. Fluency in English and local vernacular (siSwati, isiZulu, isiNdebele, Northern Sotho or Xitsonga). A written test may be required upon application;
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated history of training and facilitation in local communities (at least 2 years experience);
- Excellent time and task management, including problem solving;
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure;
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Drive;
- Detail oriented and focused; ability to operate efficiently; and maintain strong degree of accuracy;
- Self-motivated, disciplined, deadline-oriented, robust, ability to work under pressure;
- Professional and ethical standards.
To apply, submit your CV and one page letter of motivation to email@example.com by Friday 26 April 2019 or use the online application portal below.
Interviews are to take place as soon as possible. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
An application will not in itself, entitle the applicant to an interview. Food & Trees for Africa will not be liable for any costs related to the application process or any costs related to the uptake of the position. We reserve the right not to appoint any candidates in the advertised post.