Food & Trees for Africa NPC (FTFA):
- Is an established education and skills development organisation in the areas of environment, food security and agriculture;
- Is an AgriSeta Registered Training Provider fully accredited for Mixed Farming Systems;
- Is endorsed by both the National Department of Basic Education and National Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Has written / been influential in a number of South African policies. E.g. the National Schools Nutrition Programme (NSNP) / Urban Forestry Policy for Johannesburg until 2040.
- Has multiple streams of Education and Skills Development training for the following audiences:
- Young Learner Environmental Education and Leadership Training;
- Teacher / School Curriculum Integration Workshops;
- Skilled & Unskilled Adult Farmers and Market Gardeners;
- Business & Agri-business Development;
- Short Courses in Agriculture Topics (e.g. Aquaculture, Vermiculture, Bee-Keeping etc.)
- Holistic Integration (e.g. Recycling, Bio-Digesting etc.)
- Climate Leaders;
- Facilitates high-quality, sensitive courses relevant to the socio-economic and environmental needs within South Africa.
Our programmes appeal to companies who want to make meaningful and impactful contributions to education and skills training in South Africa, managed in a professional manner.