Food & Trees for Africa is an established education and skills development organisation in the areas of environment, food security, and agriculture. Further to this, FTFA:
- Is an AgriSeta Registered training provider fully accredited for Mixed Farming Systems;
- Is endorsed by both the National Department of Basic Education (DBE) and National Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF);
- Has written — and been influential — in a number of South African policies, including the National Schools Nutrition Programme (NSNP) and the Urban Forestry Policy for Johannesburg until 2040;
- Has multiple streams of education and skills development training for the following audiences:
- Young learner environmental education and leadership training;
- Teacher and school curriculum integration workshops;
- Skilled and unskilled adult farmers and market gardeners;
- Business and agri-business development;
- Climate leaders;
- Has short courses covering a wide range of agricultural topics (aquaculture, vermiculture, bee-keeping, etc) and holistic integration (recycling, bio-digesting, etc);
- Facilitates high-quality, sensitive courses relevant to the socio-economic and environmental needs within South Africa.
Our programmes appeal to companies who want to make meaningful and impactful contributions to education and skills training in South Africa, managed in a professional manner.